: Treasury yields jump after April job gains beat forecasts, while traders see zero likelihood of a June rate cut by Fed


Six-month through 30-year Treasury yields jumped on Friday, led by a rise in the 3-year rate, after data showed the U.S. added a better-than-expected 253,000 jobs in April. The 3-year rate rose 16 basis points to 3.608%, while the policy-sensitive 2-year yield jumped 14 basis points to 3.879% in morning trading. Meanwhile, fed-funds futures traders dropped the likelihood of a rate cut by the Federal Reserve in June to zero, from 9.2% on Thursday. Instead, they see a 97.2% chance of a pause and a slight 2.8% likelihood of another quarter-point hike next month. They still held on to a decent 38.1% likelihood of a rate cut…

This article was originally published by Marketwatch.com. Read the original article here.

Previous articleFinancial Face-Off: CDs vs. high-yield savings accounts — where can you earn 5.5% after Fed’s rate hike? ‘This is time-sensitive.’
Next articleThe Big Move: I rent my home to my brother and his family below the market rate. I want to sell, but they don’t want to move. What should I do?


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here